Friday, December 27, 2019

Preparations and Expectations (Inner Journey)

Let's Talk About Traveling

I believe that this trip will be a difficult one specifically because this is my first trip on my own without any of my other family members being with me. I am nervous about leaving my high-end electronics in my hotel room unattended. I also am worried about getting motion sick, but luckily there is such a thing as dramamine. I am continuously worried about navigating a city that I have only visited one other time during my life thus far. I want to make sure that we have all of our "ducks in a row" when my roommates and I go out on our own during our free day. I am anxious about the food options because I do not like spicy food, and that is prevalent in the south. My expectations for this trip include a roller coaster of emotions because like I said before, I will be essentially on my own aside from my teachers and classmates for the first time ever. I am hopeful that this trip goes well, because it will help me prove to myself that I can in fact go on a trip without the help and company of family members. I am hopeful that I make some new friends, because I am a newer student at Methodist College. I am especially looking forward to the haunted tour that we have planned, because being scared gives me such a thrill and adrenaline rush. I originally took this course because it helps me to complete my Arts and Humanities minor at Methodist College. I was the last person to sign up or this class and this trip, coincidentally because someone had withdrawn from it, so I am grateful for the opportunity to travel and learn about a different city and culture.
1450906650489-U3S23XQKYKQ0RC0O078S (945×434)


No comments:

Post a Comment