Friday, December 27, 2019

Preparations and Expectations (Outer Journey)

It's Almost Departure Time!

Hi everyone! Seeing as my trip from Peoria, Illinois to New Orleans, Louisiana is right around the corner, I have been making preparations such as packing, researching to plan what I want to see and do on the free day that we have been so graciously given, and buying all of the necessities that will be accompanying me on my journey. It feels like you never really realize how expensive all of the "travel sized" items that you most of the time need to make your journey are, but I sure did realize when the cashier at Walmart told me my total. I have been trying to pack light, but at the same time making sure I have clothes for warmer and slightly colder weather, especially since it rains more in the south than it does here in Illinois. Bringing tennis shoes is always advised, and since I want to be comfortable and stylish I will majority of the time be wearing exactly that. I have been nervous about bringing my laptop with me and having to leave it in the hotel while we roam the city streets of New Orleans, however with that being said I will probably be able to convince my roommates to put the "do not disturb" sign on our door so nobody other than the four of us will barge in at any time. As for our free day, I am hoping that myself, and possibly all of my roommates will go on a tour of the swamps so we can see the swamp life that differs greatly from the few birds (plus some zoo animals) that you can see in Illinois. I also wouldn't mind seeing the aquarium just because the types of animals they keep may be different from the zoo's I am used to in Peoria. When preparing for this trip, I had to look up how many bags we are able to have with us on the train and decide how much I wanted to be responsible for carrying. I ultimately decided that I don't need more than one suitcase, my purse, and my backpack for the trip. In preparation for this class, I have enjoyed researching information about the different catastrophes that have affected New Orleans.


Luggage-at-Train-Station.jpg (1000×667)

No comments:

Post a Comment