Friday, January 3, 2020

Departure (Inner Journey)

Getting Comfortable Outside Your Comfort Zone

I learned a lot while traveling to the train station, boarding the train, sleeping on the train, and moving about the train. I have learned that I do in fact rely a lot on gps navigation on my iPhone to get me to places that I am unsure where they are. I have learned that when boarding the train you want to bring wipes to wipe down the railings because this is in fact a form of public transportation. When sleeping on the train, it is okay to have a normal sized pillow for comfort and I wish that I had something slightly bigger than what I brought, but I made it work. Make sure that you wear layers because it can get hot and cold depending on the airflow inside and outside, and depending your proximity to the outside doors that open and shut with every stop, especially in the winter time. When you move about the train, make sure you are holding onto the handles that are provided for your safety to prevent falls, because even being young and somewhat "graceful" it is still difficult to walk around especially when carrying a hot beverage in your hand at the same time as walking while the train is moving. I learned that the conductors and other train employees ask for your tickets frequently after every major stop they make to pick up and drop off passengers, so you want to make sure when traveling by train that you keep your tickets somewhere easily accessible. Bring snacks, because the train does offer a food cart with a decent amount of items as well as beverages, you still may want something specific, especially if you are on a certain type of diet your options may be more limited. I have learned how to make myself more comfortable in closer proximity to others which is something that I struggle with in general. I have learned that Mississippi looks run down, especially near the Amtrak stop at Yazoo City. 

No comments:

Post a Comment