Saturday, January 4, 2020

First Full Day In New Orleans (Inner Journey)

The Biggest Impact So Far Was.......


The moments that have impacted me the most this far has been trying the different types of food that are out of my comfort zone that New Orleans has to offer. I have learned how some of the restaurants are "haunted". I have witnessed and learned about Antoine's Wine Cellar that is one hundred and sixty five feet long, and his restaurant that is one hundred and sixty seven years old and has always ben family run. I learned where a "poor boy's" sandwich  got its name, and what it consist of (brisket and horse radish). I also learned that Louis Armstrong was an African American musician who played the trumpet. I learned that during prohibition times, there was a restaurant that labeled their tickets "mystery" so that they could serve alcohol and even when people were caught drunk they would say to the police that the place they bought it from was a "mystery". I learned that a "beignet" is a doughnut like dessert that is served with powdered sugar that makes it delicious. I learned that when you are on a cuisine tour, even if the food looks similar to food you have already tried, that does not mean that it resembles it at all. I have tried shrimp before, but when it is in gumbo it is more spicy than it usually is where I am from, and if you know me you also know that anything even remotely spicy I dislike a lot. Most of the food on the cuisine tour I enjoyed though.


No comments:

Post a Comment