Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Farewell New Orleans (Inner Journey)

Learning and Trying New Things Is Important

This experience has taught me a lot. My favorite part about this trip was going on the alligator airboat tour. I got to hold a baby gator named Dollar, and even though it wasn't a very "safety first" experience considering my face was inches from his mouth, it was still my favorite. My favorite part of the class was learning about the unique history of New Orleans and about topics like Hurricane Katrina, Yellow Fever, and Fires that eliminated eighty percent of New Orleans at one point in time. I learned that even though we are focusing more on how Katrina impacted New Orleans, there have been a few other hurricanes that have also done massive damage. I learned that the people of New Orleans are friendly, they love jazz music, they are very accepting towards many different types of people. I learned that staying home through college and not having roommates in an apartment or dormitory was the right thing to do because living with people that you just met for an entire week is difficult but also entertaining. I learned that I take my personal time for granted because we were with someone at all times. I also like to sleep in instead of wake up early, but if I have to get up early I can. I also learned that I take my form of transportation for granted, because if I had to walk everywhere in Peoria I would never leave my house. I learned to be less afraid of trying food that is different from anything I typically eat in Illinois. All in all, I feel like I am coming out of this experience with more knowledge and the capability to come out of my comfort zone more often.


No comments:

Post a Comment